whatsapp call vs skype call?

Forums Forums Questions answered whatsapp call vs skype call?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ryanb
    Participant

there are many calling apps but people only go with WhatsApp or Skype for voice calls, which is the best according to you. I’m presently using only skype for all my important call. need your opinion on this.

thanks

admin
    Participant

I think the two services, while doing basically the same thing are very different from each other. Whatsapp is becoming pretty ubiquitous – everyone seems to have it and use it. I personally use it to communicate with friends and sometimes even for business purposes.

However, if you want to call a landline or someone who is not on whatsapp you simply can’t. With Skype, although you often have to pay a fee, you can call any phone number anywhere in the world. This is the main difference between the two services.

As for call quality, although I haven’t made a point of comparing the two services, the general opinion is that Skype requires better Internet connections and provides better call quality too. This seems rather normal since Skype has been around much longer and it is a service that caters to both businesses and individuals. Also, Skype has many more features like video conference calling, international plans, business features.

It all depends on what you’ll be using the service for. Or why not use both?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam