Which is the Best VoIP application to make international calls?

Forums Forums Questions answered Which is the Best VoIP application to make international calls?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    twinkle
    Participant

I recently shifted to the States . I generally use Skype to call my folks back home but since the internet connection is very slow at their end I am planning to use VoIP to make calls but I am not sure which application to use. Which is the best VoIP application available?

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    Skype is also a VoIP service (Voice over IP). You can use Skype in two ways:
    1. To call from computer to computer, in which case it is important to have a good broadband connection on both ends.
    2. You can use Skype to call a regular telephone number (like a cell phone for example). This time you would pay for the call.

There are other similar services. Over the years we have recommended Rebtel for quality service and reasonable rates. Both services are OK to use.

twinkle
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Hmm… Skype is a good option but I was wondering if there were any apps out there which would save me the hassle of monthly subscriptions .Also I checked the unit call rates of Skype and Rebtel .It’s a wee bit high than I anticipated. I’m looking for a slightly cheaper option since I’m a student and cannot afford to spend too much on International Calls.

admin
    Participant

I know that most people would like to place free calls over IP. The thing is calling a regular phone number can not be free. You can make free calls from smart phone to smart phone or from computer to computer, but if you want to call a regular mobile number for instance there are charges you can not avoid. There are other good services you might want to check out such as EnjoyPrepaid.com or ClonCom.com.

A popular app for placing free calls between smart phones is of course Viber.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam