HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

800 numbers free on prepaid cell phones ?

(8 posts)
  1. sallydaniels

When I was using voice stream cell phone, I was always charged when I call an 800 or toll-free nummber. Now I have T-Mobile on a Nokia phone with prepaid service. When I triend again to call an 800 number it count off minutes off the service? Anybody know this?

All replies would be appreciated/

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Sally,
    I don't quite understand what your question is. Are you asking if calling a toll free number using T Mobile prepaid is a free call? If so, no, I am not aware of any mobile provider allowing free calls to toll free numbers.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. sallydaniels

What I mean is when I call an 800 number using my prepaid service, they charged me every minute. So does anybody know this? Or is this really a fact? Should I avail an unlimited service where I can call an 800 number without charges?

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

Yes, when calling a toll free number using a prepaid phone you will be charged regular airtime. Indeed, subscribing to an unlimited service would allow you to call toll free numbers without incurring additional charges. Or, if you have a smart phone you could use a VoIP service like Skype with a wireless Internet connection and pay nothing for calls to toll free numbers.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. sallydaniels

I heard that the company who owns a 800 number is the one who pays for the call. Is that true in all cases?

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. admin
    Key Master

Yes. But when using a cell phone to place the call you too will pay for your share of the call.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. sallydaniels

As for my case I should have a mobile phone with an unlimited service or like an unlimited calls to a toll-free number. Do you agree?

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. sallydaniels

I think I should avail the unlimited call service of my current prepaid service for 800 numbers. They 800 numbers are great commission for businesses, they use it as a branding strategy.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.