Calling Palestine from a phone card

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Palestine from a phone card

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rana
    Participant

Hi. I live in Illinois and I am trying to call Palestine. The number given to me had a area code of 052 and when I dial the number without the zero,just 011 972 52 and the seven digit number, I get a voice that says “the number that you have called is not available. Please try again later.” I did that a couple of times, but I still get the same message. What should I do? Please respond ASAP. Thank you, Rana

admin
    Participant

Hi Rana,

Try using 970 instead of 972 to see if it works (Palestine’s country code is 970, although many areas still use Israel’s country code 972).

If you still can’t connect try using another line to dial this call.

rana
    Participant

What does it mean when the voice says “the number that you have called is not available”? Would calling that cellular number make a difference if the phone was being charged or even dead? Please answer ASAP. Thank you,Rana

rana
    Participant

Oh. I am truely sorry yet again. I was wondering why I kept losing minutes on the phone card? Initially,I started off with six hours, then I went down to five hours, then fifty eight minutes, and now, as far I know, I only have forty six minutes left on the phone card. I kept calling the cell phone number back, in different ways, but I still don’t understand how I lost so many minutes. The card that I bought cost five dollars, last I checked, the phone card said that I have four dollars and forty two cents on the card. Please help and respond ASAP. -Rana

admin
    Participant

Rana,
    It likely means that the phone is either turned off or in a non coverage area. Sorry for not paying enough attention when reading your first post. If you want, I can try dialing this number for you just to see if I get the same “number is not available message” (if you want to do this send me the number using the contact button at the top right).

Regarding the phone card. I really can’t tell, but some cards charge before the call is connected.

rana
    Participant

Thank you, but it all worked out. I called the number again and I was able to get a hold of the person I was trying to call. It turns out that the cell phone was in fact dead and needed to be charged. Thank you for all of your help. I hope that I wasn’t a bother. Unfortunately, my phone card has been used up of its minutes. It was upsetting. Do you have any recommendations for a phone card? The one that I bought was a Chicago STI card. Please respond ASAP. -Rana

admin
    Participant

Rana,
    At the bottom of our Palestine page we recommend a calling service:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/palestine/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam