HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

calling peruvian mobile number from UK

(6 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by elenaneal
  • Latest reply from elenaneal
  1. elenaneal

How can I call a Peruvian mobile (cellular) telephone number from the UK? The telephone number in question works in Peru' but appears to be non existent when I call it from UK. The phone number starts with 00519 followed by 8 numbers. Could it be dependent on the sim card provider?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Elena,

00 is the exit code used to dial out of the UK and 51 is Peru's country code. So from the UK you should dial the following: 00 51 9 ???? ???? (starting with 9 we have the cell number). Have you been dialing this with no success?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. elenaneal

I have been dialling the number as you said, but I'm getting is an 'unobtainable' series of beeps. I have tried calling from both land line and mobile phones but neithr method has worked, however that telephone number works within Peru. Any clues?

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. elenaneal

Hi and thank you for your reply earlier on. In the meantime I have received a text message from Peru' suggesting that I should dial 00 5143 and then 9 xxxx xxxx. And it worked!!!! Thank you again for your help.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. admin
    Key Master

Elena,

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Most countries don't require adding an area code to cell numbers. Peru does - I'd forgotten and didn't look carefully on http://www.howtocallabroad.com/peru/ before answering your post.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. elenaneal

You have been very helpful thank you. The link you sent me will definitetly be useful in keeping in touch with my daughter who's travelling around the world. Should I need any more help I will contact you again.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.