Calling to mexico ringtone

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling to mexico ringtone

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mlino915
    Participant

I have T-mobile , but i’m going to Mexico, Juarez, and I don’t want anyone that calls from the U.S know that im over there, when they call will the ring sound different ?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

It is likely that the ring will be different when dialing your US cell phone located in Mexico. You can’t control how your phone rings – the ring sound has to do with the wireless company/network providing the service, which in this case would be Mexican.

Here’s an older thread discussing the same issue:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/forums/topic/ring-tone-on-us-cellphone-in-mexico

Jenica
    Participant

You can use some of your phone’s default ringtones or visit ringtone websites to use popular ringtone in the world. Good luck with your journey to America.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Jenica,

Thanks for your reply. It’s not the ringtone we are discussing, it’s the ring sound you hear when dialing a number (before somebody picks up).

HelenCollins
    Participant

Where can I find them and download them?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Helen,

Unlike ring tones (the sound your phone makes when someone calls you), which can easily be downloaded onto your smart phone, ringback tones (the sound people hear before you answer their call) don’t work the same way. You can not simply download them. Customized ringback tones is a service provided by your telephone carrier. Or used to be in the case of AT&T, Sprint or Verizon which no longer offer this service to their customers. So, if you would like to customize your ringback tone call your phone company to inquire about it. As far as I am aware, VoIP companies still offer this option.

Here are some more resources you may find helpful:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam